Sergio Aguero says he is only focused on helping Manchester City achieve their aims this season amid reports the Argentina international could return to La Liga this summer.
The Sun on Sunday subsequently reported that the 28-year-old is eager to leave the Etihad and move to the Bernabeu having lost his starting place following the arrival of Brazilian winger Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras in January.
However, with Gabriel suffering what could be a season-ending metatarsal injury against Bournemouth last month, Aguero is back in the starting lineup and has scored four goals and provided two assists in his last two appearances.
Aguero, who scored two goals and set up another in his team’s 5-1 win over Huddersfield to help City progress to the FA Cup quarterfinals on Wednesday, told Onda Cero radio: « I’m not thinking about Madrid or any other [clubs]. My only focus is on playing. I have three months left to give my best.
« I don’t want to think about my future. My intention is to remain but we shall see what happens in June. I hope that we can win a title which is the most important thing. »
Aguero, who has scored 11 goals and made 14 Premier League starts for City this season, was a target for Real six months before he joined City in the summer of 2011, but Atletico Madrid turned down a €45 million offer from their city rivals.
He has been at City for six years and has reportedly agreed to extend his contract until 2020.
Man City coach Pep Guardiola said last month that Aguero is « so important » for his team and he does not want the player to leave, but added it would be up to the striker to decide if he wants to depart once the season is over.
However, the Buenos Aires-born player insists it will be down to the club to decide in the summer whether to keep him.
« One thing is what the club says and another what the club tells me, » Aguero said. « The club can say what it wants but in June they will have to meet with me. »